Thursday, February 3, 2011

Garage Hoarders: Part I

I am ashamed.

Well, maybe I'm more embarrassed about my parents' garage than anything else.  We should be on that TV show, Hoarders: Buried Alive.  I decide about a month ago that I would take on the task of cleaning, organizing and revamping my parents' garage.  This is the situation:

 
Of the 3 spaces available, only two parking spots are open.  The third spot has been swallowed up by tons of useless crap.


Trying to capture the chaos.

 Shelves dying.

 Clean zone!  I've been working on this wall now for a month, and while things are still disorganized, at least everything is boxed/bagged and accessible.

Not only are we hoarding useless gadget and gizmos, but we're hoarding empty boxes!!!  EMPTY BOXES. I swear I found at least 20 of them.  Recycling please!

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I love that you are hoarding empty boxes. My favorite hoarding joke ever was actually made by Kent. We were trying to clean up the lab, and he said, "Oh this little bit of string is no good for anything... Put it in the drawer for bits of string too small to save."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?! Haha that's such a conservator thing... save every piece of material possible. I totally do that with bits of Japanese paper that I find stuck to my clothes. That's not weird at all.

    ReplyDelete