Friday, February 25, 2011

HELL YES!!!


My Turkish vegetable seeds are here!!!
Melon (kavun) and eggplant (patlıjan, pronounced patlujan) seeds! So many, what will I do with them all!!!???


A friend in New York sent them to me. The melon seeds came in a real seed package, but the eggplant seeds came in a strictly homemade baggie with little sketches of eggplants on the label. My Turkish is virtually nonexistent, but I think the words at the top of the melon package mean "small farm." I don't know if that's the brand, or it's some sort of dwarf species. Who cares, I'm just so excited to plant these. But there are seriously a bajillion seeds in each package. There's no way I can plant all of them. I'll probably end up sharing with any adventurous souls who are interested. I'll update how these grow during the summer...

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment