Friday, October 22, 2010

Nuts to That

Our LACC home repair class was canceled! We were totally looking forward to learning about electrical wiring, plumbing, and drywall repair.  To subdue some of our disappointment, we’ve refocused our energies and are now thinking about applying to a Master Gardener class.




Before meeting my ex-boyfriend’s mom, who is a Master Gardener, I had never heard of such a thing.  Apparently there are almost 100,000 of them in the US and, at some point, all of them have provided volunteer services to their communities.  When I asked my ex-boyfriend’s mom about her specialty, she said, “My favorite plants are orchids and succulents.” To which I replied (in my head), “Succulents? They’re super horrible, ugly, and boring.  Why would anyone like those?!”  Three years later, I’m now a succulent and cacti hoarder…. 

Applications for the program start in December and there’s only a 25% acceptance rate!  Time to start gaining some community service (or making stuff up on my application)!!!  Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that we are on the look out for an interesting Home Depot workshop.  Any suggestions?
- E

No comments:

Post a Comment