Thursday, December 29, 2011

Surprise! ... even more garage hijinks, disgusting dilapidated hijinks


Just a quick update on the garage renovation.

Well, thankfully we will be starting the year with a mostly cleaned out garage. But it was a long road getting to this point. Here's a quick rundown of what we came across in the process...


1. Three dead rats - I found one of them myself. It was so old and dessicated that I couldn't tell what it was at first. So of course, I moved in closer for a better look. Then I realized what it was and that I was really close to it. I screamed really crazy loud. But I was wearing a respirator at the time, so my scream was muffled and my neighbors did not have to hear my shrieks. The other two were in the walls, and the contractor found them when he removed the old plywood walls.

2. One live rat - The contractor found this one too. It was also behind the plywood wall. It came flying out at him and ran off down the driveway. *shudder*

3. Mountains of rat poop - We all found this. Mountains of poop. Everywhere.

4. Half eaten pears - The other halves were in poop form on the floor.

5. Holes - Again, everywhere.

6. Surprise window - We literally found a hidden window that had been walled up (see below). I think it was leaking. So instead of fixing the window, they just shoddily covered it with a plank, so that it could continue to leak, but would not be seen as it leaked. That made sense, right?


 After pictures to follow soon...
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment