Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Worst Invention Ever? Possibly...

After painting most of my house using a standard, good-quality paintbrush, I thought I had hit the jackpot when I found this:
As Seen on TV's Point n Paint
The point and paint asserts:
  • Paint an entire room in less than one hours
     
  • Get perfect results every time
     
  • No more paint prepping, runs or brush strokes
     
  • No more up and down ladders
This invention seemed perfect to paint my dining room, which has a ton of moldings, crevices, hard to reach places, and a need for straight edges.  


After excitedly filling my paint tray, I realized 1) the tip of the Point and Paint is not good at getting into corners.  In fact, it is actually harder to use than a large, clunky paintbrush 2) the large surface area of the painting pad causes it to stick to the wall and makes painting even more difficult than normal and 3) I just wasted $7. 

Moral of the story: Don't get tricked by As Seen on TV Ads, although I know it's hard and honestly, I still love As Seen on TV stuff.  Shake weight anyone? 

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment