Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The End of Holes

I (unfortunately) had to move this week and the only good thing that came out of it was this:

Acrylic latex caulk.  A miracle product. 

After ripping dozens of nails from my walls, I was left with an apartment that looked like a small bullet had ricocheted through the small space.

I needed to do something and this large white tube came to my rescue.  To prepare the hole for patching, I quickly removed any excess paint that was raised above the plane of the wall with my fingernail.  Then, I placed the tip of the tube to the hole and tapped up and down as I gently squeezed the caulking agent.


I used a paper towel to distribute the acrylic latex until the surface matched the texture of the wall.


Then... no more hole.  Yay!  If I were really fussy, I could have used some acrylic paint to tone the fill to match the color of the wall, but I didn't because I'm lazy and I hate moving.

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment